...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A lil of month 6 and 27 Weeks.......... 91 days to go!!

This has been an extremely busy month for Kelly & me. We’ve experienced a lot of changes with his job; thankfully it’s been mostly positive things, and I have stopped teaching for several years!! When we first got married, Kelly & I made the decision that I would stay home & raise our children. We decided we would make any necessary adjustments financially to make this choice possible. Thankfully, Kelly has been in a great position with sales and we’ve been able to save more than enough each month and are in a wonderful position financially for me to stay home!

I’m still feeling fantastic these days! We’ve done a lot of traveling this month between separate trips & trips together. I headed to SC to visit my family while Kelly went on a much needed golf trip. We also went into Hayesville for Kristin’s bachelorette/lingerie shower, and we’re having a lot of family & friends in town for our 1st shower for baby Kaitlynn this Saturday!! The shower is going to be a lot of fun & my wonderful friends - Ginny, Angi, Christy, Karen, & Megan are so wonderful to host it! I'll definitely post pictures from the event next week!!

Work came to an end quickly for me – extremely exhausting, but the time off has already been worth it! I have been very productive at home getting things accomplished & knocked off our list of “to-do’s” before Kaitlynn. I’m walking Willa each morning for 30-45 minutes, and then working out in the afternoon at Curves for 30-45 minutes. Continuing my routine of exercising has definitely helped me to feel good throughout the majority of the day! I’m still eating very healthy and keeping the junk food OUT of our home. If it’s not here, we both don’t eat it.

I also had my 7-month appointment this morning. Here are a few updates:

I have gained 13 lbs total. Dr. Walter's told me I was doing a great job with my weight gain and shouldn't get over 25-30lbs total this pregnancy with how I've been gaining so far! I was thrilled with that news! Kaitlynn's heartbeat is as strong as ever - 157 beats per minute!! She is measuring & growing right on target for an "average" size baby. She is measuring at 26cm or 10.2in. This morning I also had the glucose test done: A.K.A. more blood work - loads of fun - I will post later once I get the results!! I also start going every 2 weeks for a check-up with Dr. Walters. My next appointment is Thursday, June 18th.

The big “talk” this month from friends, family, and baby websites that we’ve subscribed to are pregnancy classes. We’ve heard positive and negative things about taking classes verses not. Several of my friends have taken classes & said they’ve been great, but the few that have had children recently said they didn’t remember anything they learned in class once they made it to the hospital. Kelly & I have made the decision to not take any pregnancy classes except for possibly a CPR for infants. Northside Hospital is wonderful in the aspect that they prepare you once you arrive for what you should expect and the things we need to know during delivery. We are putting our complete trust in that and what we’ve heard from friends that have delivered at Northside in the previous few months!! We are looking forward to going there for Kaitlynn’s birth.

Month 6 has definitely been a good month & we cannot wait to see what month 7 has in store for us and our baby girl!

Here are a few pictures from this month! Enjoy :)

Willa is preparing herself for the lack of sleep she'll get in 3 months!!

Priceless



27 Weeks - 91 days to go!

Mama & baby Kaitlynn


1 comment:

  1. Loved this super informative update, and you look beautiful, girl!

    There's something about hitting 30 weeks...it's like, "Whoa...this is really, REALLY happening!" You're so close to that point. Get ready for time to speed up :)

    ReplyDelete