...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

30 Weeks and Counting Down!!

Kelly & I are 30 weeks today! We are always amazed at how quickly our pregnancy is going by, but now we're starting our official countdown. 10 weeks to go - 70 days left! We are going out tonight to celebrate & begin our Anniversary Weekend Getaway. Tonight we're going to Chow Baby for dinner - Chow Baby
After dinner, we're heading to the movies to see the new Transformers movie! Kelly & I both have been wanting to see this since we new there would be a 2nd.

Our day is definitely a lot different than we had planned 3 months ago. We were planning on heading out of town tonight to celebrate our 1-year Anniversary a month early in Gatlinburg, TN. We were going to drop Willa off in Hayesville, NC at her Nana's house and head to our destination. However, on top of everything else going on this week, an important meeting was scheduled Wednesday of this week for tomorrow (Friday morning). Kelly's new CEO & CFO from Center State Bank will be present and they are delivering information about the company, our new insurance plans, and other important things. So, our Anniversary trip has been postponed until tomorrow at noon. Therefore, we're going on a date tonight to celebrate and still spend some time together just the two of us here in Atlanta.

For our 1-year Anniversary - we're going on our trip exactly a month early because my twin brother, Mark & his wife, Bridgette are due on our anniversary - July 26th. We are so excited about our new niece that we didn't want to be anywhere but Atlanta or Greenville the last two weeks in July. We are so excited about our trip to Gatlinburg this weekend! We are staying at The Fox Trot Bed & Breakfast
The bed & breakfast looks fabulous and we cannot wait to get there. It is very small and cozy with only 4 bedrooms available. We are staying on the top floor in the Honeymoon/Anniversary Suite called the Leconte Sunrise
We told them ahead of time that it was our Anniversary weekend and they are making us a small anniversary cake, chocolate covered strawberries, and a fruit basket for us to celebrate over the weekend! We have our wedding cake here at home in the freezer that we're waiting to cut on July 26th. But, I do have to say - I am quite excited about having some cake this weekend too :)

I'll definitely post pictures and talk a little bit more about our trip once we get back!

Kelly & I got our A/C unit put in on Tuesday afternoon and it has been wonderful. We are just thanking God everyday that things worked out the way they did, especially financially! We were also able to take back our portable A/C unit to Costco and get a full refund.

I am still feeling pretty good these days. I am starting to have more aches & pains, but I tend to push through them on a daily basis - sometimes with the help of Regular-strength Tylenol :) My gym closed this week so I have been working out hard-core from home and am seeing wonderful results! I am still walking Willa every morning - she wakes up begging to go for her walk these days. I am also using my elliptical we have at home in the mornings as well for about 20 minutes completely inclined. I definitely feel the burn, which is great! I also got a Fitness Ball from Target - amazing - so I can continue my Ab workout routine as well. We have free weights - 8lbs. & 12lbs. at the house that allow me to continue my upper body workout too. The only thing we do not keep in our home is a scale, which is probably a good thing since I almost obsess over weight gain. I'll know next week at my check-up how the weight gain has been over the past two weeks, but I think I have been doing a great job still. We'll see!!

Lastly, my most favorite thing as of yesterday - I went to Polished to get my nails done!! I got Gel Nails done with a French Manicure - something I have wanted to start doing for a long time. I don't know how long I'll keep it up since I have to go every 2-3 weeks, but for the next couple of months, it'll be nice being pampered!!

Again, check back next week for Anniversary pictures from our trip to Gatlinburg! I can't believe this time next month we'll celebrate 1-year and be 1 month from meeting our baby girl. God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe it? Only 10 weeks to go? SO excited for you guys---especially with brand new A/C and an anniversary trip coming up. So many happy times in store.

    ReplyDelete