...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Joint Baby Shower & 29 Weeks

This past weekend Kelly & I headed to Greenville, SC for another baby shower for Miss Kaitlynn :) One of my mom's best friends, Sally Burdette, and one of my close girlfriends, Blythe R. hosted the shower for both Bridgette & I. I was completely blown away by the turn out and how generous all of my close friends & family were towards baby Kaitlynn & Elizabeth. Kelly & I feel completely blessed to have so many wonderful people a part of our lives! We definitely couldn't do this alone - marriage or becoming parents! Here are some pictures from the shower this past weekend!!


Our yummy cake!!


Bridgette opening gifts for baby Elizabeth


'Momma' opening gifts for baby Kaitlynn


The four pregnant ladies!! Left - Right: Blythe R. (20 wks),
Sally Mertens (33wks), Me (28 wks), Bridgette Watson (34 wks)



Blythe & I with Tish Pitman - she was our coaching group leader growing up
and has continued watching us grow in our marriages & now soon-to-be moms!



Left - Right: Jaja, Me, Halie, Bridgette, & Tammy
*My mom's side of the family*


Bridgette & I with Grandmother June - my dad's mother


Kelly & I awaiting the arrival of our baby girl in 12 weeks!


Bridgette & I with our sister-in-law & nephew,
Bonnie & Troy Watson



*Bridgette**Tammy**Me**Anne*
The mom's-to-be with the Nana's-to-be

**Missing from picture: Nana Crawford**

Today also marks week 29 for Kelly & I. We are moving right along & quite ready to meet our precious baby girl. I cannot believe we only have 11 weeks left! It feels like yesterday when I woke Kelly up at 5:00am to tell him the exciting news of being pregnant :) Yes - if most of you remember, I couldn't wait. That shouldn't surprise many of you!

We had our 'bimonthly' check-up this morning. We have finally switched from once a month to twice a month which is an exciting milestone mark! Two weeks ago I had to take my glucose test which really wasn't bad at all. The verdict is: I PASSED!! I do not have to take the 3-hour test thank goodness!! Baby Kaitlynn checked out great. Here are some updated stats for everyone!
My blood pressure: 102/60 = normal
Kaitlynn's heartbeat per minute: 156
Kaitlynn's measurements (uterus): 28cm = 11in.
My total weight gain at 29 weeks: 15 lbs total!!

My doctor said I was the "ideal" patient - very healthy, which made me extremely happy!! All the hard work with eating healthy & continuing my workout routine is really paying off in these last weeks!

Our next appointment is Thursday, July 2nd at 9:00am.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the doctor's appointment went so well! I've got one in a little over an hour. Should be fun :)

    Hope to talk to you again soon, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete