...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hello 3rd Trimester! 28 Weeks & Shower Update

Happy Week 28!! Only 84 days to go!

Baby Kaitlynn had her 1st shower this past Saturday which was hosted by some of my best friends! A huge thank you goes out to Ginny Sneed, Angi Sklar, Christy Ellis, Megan Marshall, & Karen Ponds! They definitely know how to throw a wonderful baby shower. We had 'mocktails' since that was the theme - this included Strawberry Lemonade that represented Strawberry Margaritas, and Sparkling Grapejuice that represented Champaigne. The finger foods & cupcake cake were all so delicious! Baby Kaitlynn got quite spoiled with adorable outfits, her snap & go stroller, Graco Carseat, baskets of goodies & toys, nursery accessories, plus much, much more!! Here are some pictures from this past weekend!! Enjoy!






Kelly & I have experienced some "firsts" this week with baby Kaitlynn!! She has found my rib cage and enjoys pushing on me at the top of my stomach!! It is only really uncomfortable when she does it and I'm sitting down. Also, Kelly & I felt her very first hiccups!! She may have had them before, but Sunday night was the first night we were able to feel them through my belly! It was really cute, & pretty funny, although I am sure babies don't enjoy them.

My belly button has almost come all the way out! Our doctor said she always laughs when she hears people ask, "when will my belly button 'pop out?'" Your belly button doesn't pop out, however for some women, your belly button moves from the inner position outward has your uterus expands and presses on your upper stomach! :) So....my belly button keeps inching its way out each week! I thought it might feel uncomfortable, but I can't feel anything changing except for the occasional tightness in my stomach as it begins to expand again to allow more growing room for Kaitlynn!

This past Tuesday I had the blessing of watching Jackson for the day!! He had a terrible fever this past weekend and wasn't going back to daycare until Wednesday. It was a great experience having him for 8 hours since I'll have baby Kaitlynn 24 hours everyday starting in 12 weeks!! Jackson did a great job over here - ate, slept, played with Willa, "talked," and made some really cute faces :) It's definitely hard not to adore him to pieces!

Last night Kelly and I went on an amazing date! We usually stay at home and cook dinner during the week, but this has been an exciting week for our family! Kelly spent yesterday in Birmingham with his sales group visiting Center State's headquarters. Things went extremely well and we're hoping tomorrow or early next week brings more positive things!! To celebrate, I decided to plan a date night to one of our favorite restaurants - Blackstone
http://www.blackstoneatlanta.com/
Once I heard from Kelly as they were leaving Birmingham yesterday afternoon to head home, I told him that I decided not to cook dinner and that I made us reservations to go out. He was thrilled and very excited! Dinner at Blackstone is always wonderful and it was just as wonderful last night. It's just nice to get out of the house and spend time together. Here is a picture as we left home to head out for dinner!



I am going tomorrow at 1:00pm to get my 1-hour prenatal message & my 1-hour European facial that Kelly gave me for my 25th birthday!! I am so excited about having a day to relax and be pampered - especially before baby Kaitlynn's next shower this Saturday!! I will post about my Spa experience and baby Kaitlynn's 2nd shower early next week!

I have been feeling great this week! I have continued with my workout routine yet another week, which is great! I am still walking Willa in the mornings and then going to the gym late morning/early afternoon as well. It is a blessing to still feel so good and have enough energy & desire to continue working out during this last trimester! I have not gained anything this week, so I am holding at 13 lbs. total right now. The past three nights I have slept amazingly well, and so has Kelly which is amazing! Usually one of us has a rough night which makes the other not sleep extremely wonderful. The saddest thing about this week - my Curves is closing on June 30th! I have met some wonderful ladies and have had amazing workouts there over the past year. Kelly & I are starting to research gyms that offer child care - I'll let you know what we end up landing on!

We are heading to Greenville tomorrow night for the weekend! Baby Kaitlynn & Baby Elizabeth have their joint shower on Saturday afternoon with a lot of our girlfriends and some of our parents' friends. It should be a lot of fun seeing everyone and spending time together!! After our shower, we're heading over to celebrate with David & Sally for their upcoming daughter - Flip :) It's going to be amazing visiting with so many of my old friends & their husbands. Pictures will definitely be taken of all the "preggo" women and posted early next week!! Sunday morning, Kelly & I are driving to Hayesville to celebrate with Kristin at her wedding shower given by Oak Forest UMC. We had to miss her last wedding shower with Shea's church, so we've definitely been looking forward to going to this one. We're also getting to celebrate Father's Day early with Kelly's dad Sunday night. It's always so good spending time with the Crawfords!

Next Appointment: Thursday, June 18th at 9:00am

2 comments:

  1. I love all of the stuff you got at your shower! I am glad you had such a great time! I can't wait to hear all the good news about Kelly's job!! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are moving right along. You're glowing in the pictures, Kristen! Can't wait to see you and Kelly this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete