...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 34

We cannot believe that we're getting so close!! We have 42 days left until we finally meet Kaitlynn. It really hit both of us this past weekend when we met our niece, Elizabeth for the first time. Mark & Bridgette were just 5.5 weeks ahead of us during our pregnancies. We both absolutely adore her and cannot wait to meet our own daughter very soon!

We have started researching Pediatricians that are part of our new insurance plan. We have one interview set up tomorrow at 12:15pm with Dr. Hassel. She has had amazing reviews from her current patients. We're going to see how the interview goes and then make our decision whether to continue meeting other Pediatricians or stick with her :) I'm kind of bias and like that Dr. Hassel is a female, but I am the one that will take Kaitlynn to the doctor so I guess I can have that preference if I want as long as she checks out!! I do have to say...she is the #1 pediatrician in her practice which makes me feel pretty confident about our interview this Friday!! We'll let you know how it goes.

As for getting things marked off the list....we are going Wednesday night to tour Northside Hospital! Northside is ranked as the #1 hospital in the nation for deliveries!! I am so excited about being there when Kaitlynn is born. They are amazing with how well they take care of everything for you! Chris & Angi had an amazing experience with the birth of Jackson back in February. One of the best parts - they are pretty strict on visiting hours to make sure the new parents & baby get plenty of rest. Visiting hours are 11:00am - 8:30pm = FABULOUS! I know a lot of hospitals will allow people to come and go as they please, but we're pretty excited about having visiting hours :)

Speaking of the hospital....Kelly told me that I needed to start getting everything purchased that we need for our stay & things we haven't gotten yet for Kaitlynn over the next couple weeks while I am still receiving a pay check. Thankfully we have one more baby shower NEXT weekend in Hayesville. After that shower, we'll start making a list of all the things we still need for Kaitlynn. However, I made a trip to Target on Monday and I'm pretty sure I got everything Kelly & I will need for our hospital stay that's coming up quite quickly!!

On a different note....sort of....this has been a good week except for my right foot/leg swelling up to look like Shrek, minus the green coloring. I have no idea why only my right leg & foot did that, but I've tried to take it easy this week. Of course I am still working out :) I don't think a swollen foot is going to stop that, but anytime I am sitting I am trying to keep it elevated.

Things have been pretty low key around our household this week which has been nice! We are actually in town this coming weekend so we will have had a total of 13 days straight in our home by the next time we go out of town!! We are on the go all the time these days and we're definitely looking forward to August 2nd when we begin our long period of time without traveling. At that point, we will be about 4 weeks out to Kaitlynn's arrival so we have made the decision that August 1-2 (Penland Reunion) is the last weekend we're traveling until sometime in October.

This weekend is our official 1-year Anniversary!! I am so excited about spending the weekend solely with my husband! We have no plans other than to relax and enjoy being at home together. We may get spontaneous and go out to dinner Sunday evening - there is a place in Roswell, GA we'd both like to go!

No updates on miss Kaitlynn this week other than she's moving around a lot, waking me up at 3:00am, and making it hard to breathe on occasions :) But other than those few things, everything is great!! We have no appointment this week but we have one next Friday morning, July 31st.

2 comments:

  1. Time will be flying for you over the next few weeks---so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you talked to your doctor about the swelling??

    Not to freak you out or anything, but swelling that comes on quickly and on only one side might be a concern....

    ReplyDelete