...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Friday, July 31, 2009

35 Weeks + 1 doctor Appointment

Update on our doctor's appointment...

Everything went great with the check-up! Over the past two weeks I've gained 2 lbs. which is normal; my blood pressure was 112/72 = normal; Kaitlynn's heartbeat was great = 160 BPM; once again the fundal height is small = 33cm. My doctor reassured me that since I've been measuring small the entire pregnancy, but showing growth each visit that everything is fine.

Today we went ahead and did the GBS test (Group B Streptococci test). If everything checks out okay, no news needed. If anything comes up, they'll give me a call next week! Here is a little information on this test from BabyCenter.com:

"GBS is usually harmless in adults, but if you have it and pass it on to your baby during birth, it can cause serious complications, such as pneumonia, meningitis, or a blood infection. Because 10 to 30 percent of pregnant women have the bacteria and don't know it, it's vital to be screened. (The bacteria come and go on their own — that's why you weren't screened earlier in pregnancy.) If you're a GBS carrier, you'll get IV antibiotics during labor, which will greatly reduce your baby's risk of infection."

Additional news......
Today I had to talk to my doctor about the cramping I have felt more consistantly over this past week, as well as pressure "between my legs" - AKA: in my pelvic area. I explained the pressure to feel like a watermelon between my legs - I know, sounds fun - right? I also have felt intense, short pains as well in that area whether sitting or walking. My doctor checked my cervix and it's still thick and closed, however she told me that over this past week Kaitlynn has dropped into my pelvic area and her head was "right there." I don't think I could explain it any better way than what she told me. I am glad to know that my cervix is still closed since we are going out of town tomorrow :)
However, it is our last traveling trip before Kaitlynn's arrival. I did ask her if it was normal for Kaitlynn to have already moved into the pelvic area - she told me "yes." She said usually it's anywhere around 36 weeks - I just happen to be on the "early end" of this experience. My doctor will check me each week to see if my cervix has thinned & also for dilation. As my husband has said for the past week and is now insisting - "it's time to pack those hospital bags!" :)

I still have the "okay" to continue working out as long as I feel okay! Our next appointment is this Wednesday, August 5th at 10:15am.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that your appointment went well! Flip was down in my pelvis at 36 weeks, so I know what you mean about that "watermelon" sort of feeling.

    And be prepared for lightning-sharp (and quick) shots of pressure on your cervix as Kaitlynn's head bears down on it. A weird feeling, but at least it lets you know she's pushing down and not up! :)

    ReplyDelete