...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Complete Chaos!

Kelly & I just went through a week of having people in and out of our house consistently! I was the lucky one to be at home because it was my spring break from school. However, I never realized how tiring and stressful having granite countertops and cabinets put in our kitchen, plus painting our entire house would be! I am very thankful that I had the time off to be at home and have everything accomplished in 5 days, but it definitely made me want to get back into a normal routine at work!

Things started off early Monday morning with the granite company coming by to tear out our white countertops and replace them with Caledonia Dark Granite. Kelly & I were very happy seeing the results when they left Monday afternoon! However, we new it would look much better once our cabinets were replaced :)

Tuesday was our only day of peace from constent noise and people coming in and out of our home. Wednesday we had the joy of having the cabinet workers and the plumber come out in the same day. It was interesting to watch three men work in the kitchen at the same time. Everyone knows the size of our kitchen :) It's not super small, but it's definitely a "condo" size kitchen!

As the plumber was working, he realized the undermount sink was too low for our drain - this resulted in him knocking a whole in our wall that would need to have sheet rock placed and sanded down. I was not a happy camper, however we went through with the large whole being cut out. Finally after a very long 8 hours, the plumber and our cabinet guys finally finished and left the house. The plumber left me with a large hole that would get fixed the following day in time for the painting company to come!


Thursday - I was completely kicked out of my house! Willa had a play date with her boyfriend Makai, while I had a doctor's appointment, lunch with dad, and a nice afternoon visit with Angi. The company got a good bit done from 8:00am to 8:00pm - yes 12 HOURS! However, they had to return the following day to finish up! Thankfully they had finished in the nursery which is where I resided all day Friday. I was able to get a lot accomplished being at home - I did some painting myself for Kaitlynn's room :)



Once Kelly & I had the chance to get things put back and in some type of order - we were very happy with the long, hard week of having our house renovated in 5 days. As of today, I am thankful we did everything last week - now we can enjoy our house and relax!

1 comment: