...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week 4....The End to a Great 1st Month!

This week for our family started off with the anticipation of the Clemson/GT football game tonight on ESPN. We decided we would dress Kaitlynn up in her Clemson outfit even though it would be a little big on her! Can't wait for the big game!

Thursday 9/10/09
My mom is heading home later tonight, but I was able to enjoy having her around to keep Kaitlynn so I could get out of the house and run some errands. This afternoon I went by CVS, PetSmart, Toy-R-Us, Barnes & Noble, and Steak & Shake. Kaitlynn did great while I was gone. Once I got home, we headed out on one of our many walks!
Tonight was the big Clemson/GT game.....started out to be an upset, then the Tigers pulled ahead, but lost it in the last 6 minutes of the game! Tough night, but they finally started playing up to their potential. We did get some pictures of Kaitlynn in her Clemson outfit as we cheered on the Tigers.


"Little Clemson Princess"


GO TIGERS!




Clemson Family Photo

Friday 9/11/09 Day 2 of me staying home alone with my two girls. Kaitlynn spent the morning sleeping between each of her feedings. She's getting used to taking naps in her bassinet away from me, which has been great! During her sleep times I've been able to get ready for the day, do some chores, and/or lay down and catch some Zzzz's. This afternoon she was awake for a good little while - I definitely enjoy and savor her awake time - she's so cute to watch and I love sitting around talking to her while she just stares at me! Kelly's parents also came in town tonight for the weekend. We spent the evening just relaxing at home!

Saturday 9/12/09
Kelly and I had a rough evening last night. We know better than to wake Kaitlynn up to eat these days. Yes, the doctors told us to wake her up if it's been 3 hours, but Kaitlynn has a different agenda! She knows exactly when she's ready to eat and doesn't want to eat before that. Kelly and I were ready for bed last night and at 9:30pm it had been 3 hours since she last ate. We decided we'd get her up, feed her, and then put her down for the night - well for another 3-4 hours anyways! Kaitlynn had different ideas.....she barely ate for us at 9:30pm, and cried for the following 4 hours! We finally got her to eat a little bit around 1:30am and got her down about 2:00am. At this point, we were both irritable and extremely tired. Thankfully, Kaitlynn slept well - she ate extremely well at 3:30am and 7:30am. We handed her off to Keith around 8:00am and headed back to bed for another 2 hours of much needed rest. That was the last time we would attempt to "make" her eat at the scheduled 3 hours just so we could get some shut eye!
Today has definitely been a better day. She has eaten and taken her normal naps today so hopefully she'll be well-rested and will sleep good tonight! Anything will be better than last night. Kelly & I headed to Babies-R-Us this afternoon after Kaitlynn ate and let Keith & Donna stay at the house with her. We bought a new glider - the one we had was from my classroom & squeaked....Kaitlynn isn't much of a fan of the squeaking. She is also a fan of laying on her back so we picked up one of the entertainment gyms for her. Our outing was a short one, but an enjoyable one! We relaxed the rest of today and Saturday evening at home with Kelly's parents.

Sunday 9/13/09 Kaitlynn had another long night last night, but not as long as Friday night. She was fussy for about 2 hours before Kelly & I tried some Mylicon Drops. After the drops, she seemed to settle down enough to eat, which resulted in a really GREAT burp, then fast to sleep! Tonight we'll be able to see if it's a consistent occurrence or if Kaitlynn was having a couple of "off" evenings with us. Kelly's parents headed out this morning around 10:00am, but before that Keith cooked us a wonderful breakfast! After Kelly's parents left, we headed out to our church for our Sunday school's tailgate party. We decided to wear Alabama colors since Thursday night we were in Clemson colors. We stayed a little over an hour - it was so wonderful seeing so many of the couples from our class today! We're going to try and attempt to go to Sunday school & service next Sunday. We really miss being at our church and going each week!! This afternoon Kelly spent the day on the couch watching the Atlanta Falcons - great game by the way! Kaitlynn was in a cuddling mood, so her & I spent the afternoon in the bedroom checking out our new glider that Kelly & I bought yesterday. I'm pretty sure we both fell asleep in it. Kaitlynn definitely fell asleep on my chest, but I'm 90% sure I took a "cat" nap. Sunday evening was just as relaxing! Kelly & I took Kaitlynn over to my dad's house for dinner. We were able to spend a few hours over there before we came back home & called it "a night!"


Papa Crawford & Kaitlynn - 3 weeks old


Nana Crawford & Kaitlynn


Our Alabama Family Photo


Kaitlynn's daddy was so proud today!
ROLL TIDE ROLL


Kaitlynn is showing off her "sassy" side!

Monday 9/14/09
Kaitlynn did well last night - she was awake from about 6:30pm - 10:30pm, but finally went down. She wasn't nearly as fussy as the previous two nights, but it did take a lot of trial and error to get her down. I took all of the shifts from 10:30pm on so Kelly could get well-rested for his big outing.
Today was Kelly's first day traveling again, and my 1st day not being able to "cry wolf" and have my husband home within 10 minutes. He headed out around 8:00am for Covington, GA - thankfully just an hour away. Today was pretty relaxing for us three girls - Kaitlynn tried out two new "toys" today! Kelly and I had bought her a Play Place which she really seemed to enjoy since she lays flat on her back. Kaitlynn also tried out tummy time today for the first time as well. I am sure she'll enjoy both more as time goes on! This afternoon we also had a visit from Natalie Berry - she brought us a homemade chicken pot pie - THANK YOU! Kelly made it home around from his meetings in Covington - said that went extremely well. The tough part will be when he has to travel over night :(


Kaitlynn in her Play Place for the 1st time!
She loves to be on her back!




Willa Grace had to check things out!


Tummy Time!


Ready for a nap!


Ahhhh.....sleep!

Tuesday 9/15/09
Today was a tough one! Kaitlynn was awake between most of her feedings with only about 30-45 minutes of nap time. When she's awake this often, she gets quite fussy because she's so sleepy! Kelly came home for lunch and I was able to put Kaitlynn down for about 2 minutes at 11:00 to stick our lasagna in the oven, and then 2 minutes around 12:00 to get our plates ready! The afternoon was pretty good - I just hate to see Kaitlynn get so fussy!!
Once Kelly came home from work, I got out of the house for about 30 minutes to take Willa to the vet. It was a close call because her next feeding would be around 6:00pm - Willa's appointment was at 5:40pm and I got home about 6:20ish. Kaitlynn was definitely ready to eat!!
Once again...we both chose to get some shut eye early around 8:30pm. We'll be able to get some quality time together again once Kaitlynn sleeps longer during the night and we're not getting 2-3 hours of sleep at one time! So.... 8:30pm bed time it is! :)

Wednesday 9/16/09
Today is the day..... the longest day so far without Kelly at home! He had a business dinner tonight and got home around 9:00pm! Thankfully he did make it home for lunch, but I'm still used to him walking in the door around 5:30 to help with Kaitlynn & Willa.
This morning I took advantage of the time that Kaitlynn was down for her naps since yesterday those were few & far between, or at least just short amount of time here and there. I cleaned our kitchen, and started cooking lunch - yes, at 8:30am! It's a lot easier to cook while Kaitlynn is sleeping and then reheat our food at lunch time if needed! Again...doing what I can when I can!
I have been trying to get her into a routine....not the kind of routine you're probably thinking about! Right now, Kaitlynn is being fed on demand. Because she's still so small, I cannot truly get her on a "routine" with her feedings. She usually eats about every 2-3 hours during the day, but if it's an hour later and she's hungry - she gets fed! The doctors told us that she could be experiencing growth spurts here and there which would cause her to eat more often than normal and to not refuse feeding her just to keep to a "schedule." So....that's what we're doing! The "routine" I'd like her to get used to is eat, play, sleep! I know she can't "play" much right now, but playtime = awake time. However, she does have her own ideas during the day which means a lot of awake time & a lot of fussy time!! We're working on it :)
After Kaitlynn woke from her nap, the morning turned a bit rough! She was wide awake for about 3 hours - barely eating, but wanting to eat about every hour. Kelly finally made it home for lunch around 11:30am and stayed until about 1:00pm to help me out. I think I experienced every emotion my body holds within that hour that he was home! Amazingly enough - he always know what's to say to me, how to encourage me, and pull me through the tough times. Like I've said 100 times, I couldn't do this without him!
The afternoon went much smoother! She fell asleep about the time Kelly left for work at 1:00pm and slept straight through our afternoon walk with Willa. She ate around 2:15pm and went down again for another nap!
I had a visit early this evening from one of the couples in our Sunday school class - her husband couldn't make it, but again, Kelly wasn't home either so it was nice to just hang out with another gal. Thanks Michele for stopping by!
Even though today was a tough day, it was also bitter sweet! No matter how many tears I cry and how frustrated I get not knowing why my daughter is crying - she is the apple of my eye.... and so very precious to both Kelly and I. I am so thankful to be at home with her each day! She's truly a blessing in our lives.

Can't believe Kaitlynn is 1 month on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment