...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

2 Weeks Old.....Lessons Learned


Our newest family photo

I cannot believe Kaitlynn is already 2 weeks old today! The time is definitely going by very quickly! This past week has brought on a whirlwind of emotions, sleepless nights, frustrations, tears of joy, visits from family, tons of delicious food, my husband heading back to work, and my check-up with Dr. Walters.

Last Thursday started our family visits since the hospital. My dad came by to check on the three of us and see how things were going. He was able to stay for about an hour in between some meetings he had. It was great seeing him last week - I know Kaitlynn will enjoy spending more time with him as she gets older :) Looking at the pictures below - you can definitely tell he adores his granddaughter!!


Grandpa Watson & Kaitlynn - 1 week old


My dad & I with my daughter :)

Friday & Saturday rolled around and Nana Crawford & Aunt Kristin came down for a visit! Kelly and I enjoyed having them down and spending time with them. We were glad they could come down so quickly after being down for Kaitlynn's birth. We missed Papa Crawford this past visit, but we're sure he'll be down very soon to see his granddaughter!!


Nana Crawford & Kaitlynn - 1wk. 1 day


Aunt Kristin & Kaitlynn

We also had a visit from Penny & Laurie Penland on Saturday afternoon. Amy couldn't make it unfortunately.


Laurie & Kaitlynn
*We did not get a picture of Penny, but she's sitting to the left of Laurie :)

This past weekend also marked my emotional roller coaster that seemed to get underway! I became very anxious and nervous over a lot of small details with taking care of our daughter. A penny dropping would have made me cry at this point. Thankfully, Kelly was very patient with me over the weekend and helped me work through my emotions and sometimes just sat there and let me cry on his shoulder.

Meals from our Sunday School class at Johnson Ferry & our small group bible study started this past Saturday evening. We have received many wonderful dishes and desserts from several people already. Kelly and I are so thankful for such generous people in our lives!! We have had visits from Stephen & Elizabeth, Sam & Chrisynda Price, Chris & Angi Sklar, and Byron & Amy Smith.

Sunday was a relaxing day - very strange not going to church, but we'll make it back eventually. We're talking with Kaitlynn's pediatrician on Tuesday about when she suggests us taking her places where there are tons of people. She told us we could take her out once she hit 2 weeks, but with her still being so small we don't want to risk anything!

My mom came down on Monday morning for the week. Kelly had to go back to work after having 7 days off. I got spoiled and quite used to having him home and spending time with both him & Kaitlynn together. Monday was very emotional for me with him going back to work. He is my support team at home & a huge encouragement to me as I've decided to stay at home with our daughter. My mom stayed until this afternoon - she headed out around 3:00pm. She was absolutely wonderful - ran our errands, cleaned our home, cooked for us, dealt with me and my emotional state, took care of Willa and loved on our daughter. She actually stayed at home with Kaitlynn today while I went out by myself for the first time in 2 weeks! I took myself to my doctor's appointment - it was great getting out and driving again, plus having a little bit of time to myself. It was good to be out of the house for about 2 hours, but I definitely was missing Kaitlynn and ready to be back home with her.


Nana Watson & Kaitlynn - 2 weeks old


Puckering up....."where's daddy??" -Kaitlynn

While my mom was in town, I had one major emotional breakdown. Tuesday afternoon during one of Kaitlynn's feedings, she would not eat. I tried for about 10 minutes to try and get her to eat. With me breastfeeding, I already don't know how much she's eating, but to top it off - her not wanting to eat?!?! Let's just say it didn't help the situation at all. My mom came in the room, told me to take a break for a little while and then try again. I remember the nurses at the hospital telling me to do that as well, but for some reason a lot of the things we were told are gone from my memory. I gave Kaitlynn to my mom for about 45 minutes and laid in my bedroom and cried. It honestly felt good to cry out my emotions and work through the stress I was feeling. That afternoon Kelly also came home from work 2 hours early to make sure I was okay and to help me in any way he could. He truly is wonderful.....

To end the tough day that Tuesday was.... the rest of the week has been a lot better! During the day, I start getting Kaitlynn up when it's been 3 hours. I give her about 15-20 minutes to wake up, and then she's ready to eat - no trouble! It was so stressful trying to make her eat right at 3 hours because she was not awake yet. But, I was having a tough time because we were told she NEEDED to eat ever 2-3 hours. However, God wired us all so differently, and my daughter does not run on our pediatrician's eating schedule for newborns. Yes, a lot of times she does eat on the 3 hour mark, but I have realized that if it's 3.5 hours and she's eating, it's okay! I got to this point mainly with the help of my husband, my mom, and several girls from our Sunday School class.

My doctor's appointment went very well today! The ladies were kind of sad I didn't bring Kaitlynn with me, but they understood me leaving her home with my mom. With today being my first day driving in 2 weeks, I was a little nervous having Kaitlynn with me. My incision from surgery looked great! She said I was healing very nicely. I am already down 19 out of 27 lbs. so I don't have much to go! Breastfeeding does the body good :) I am still on some restrictions - no working out for 4 weeks, and no lifting anything over Kaitlynn's weight or carseat. I am able to drive of course, do household chores, and take Willa outside to use the restroom. However, I cannot walk her and if I do take a slow walk, it has to be a short one. The restrictions are slowly stopping, but I've still got a month to go before I can do most things as normal. I go back to see Dr. Walters in 3 weeks - I should know then how I am doing and where I stand with working out. I also got my birth control pills today - very excited! As much as I enjoyed being pregnant with Kaitlynn, Kelly and I would love to wait for a couple years before #2 comes around :)

Here are some extra pictures from Week 2:


Kaitlynn found her thumb! Notice it's her left hand like her mommy :)


Sleeping so soundly!


Me & my two girls


Kelly loving on Kaitlynn


Love her smiles!


9-3-09
Trying to nurse on daddy's nose!!


Me & my baby girl

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the new pictures! Eric asked me if I wanted to call you and see if we could come by one day this weekend but it's such short notice that we don't have anywhere to take the dogs! We will need to plan something SOON cause I need to hug you and hold this beautiful little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete