...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

*30 Weeks - Bittersweet*

*30 Weeks* is a bittersweet marking for us with baby Joshua. At our 24 week ultrasound & appointment, we discussed inducing at 30 weeks. If things had gone to plan before Kelly & I felt strongly that the Lord was telling us to hold on, we would have been in the hospital this week meeting our son. I am so thankful, more than thankful actually, that the Lord gave us such strong convictions about not being induced at 30 weeks. I am so happy to have had 30 weeks with our son and to have how ever many weeks more that the Lord keeps baby Joshua in my womb.

We celebrated our son this past weekend with a baby shower - the guests donated toys to Toys-For-Tots in honor of baby Joshua, and gave donations to String of Pearls which is one of the organizations that has provided us with so many things to make memories of baby Joshua once he's born. We also had maternity pictures taken with one of my old co-workers, Katie Knowles & her sister Christy. She just launched her new business - ThistleField Photography! It was the best afternoon spent with my family making wonderful memories with sweet baby Joshua. We will put some pictures on the blog once we receive the CD from Christy in a week or two!!

*Angi*Dana*Allison*Kristen*Maureen*Elizabeth*Julie*
(not pictured: Jana)

This picture was taken October 28, 2011 - 28 weeks pregnant with baby Joshua!
We looked back, and I was just as small with Kaitlynn as I am with Joshua!


After the wonderful weekend we had, "bittersweet" is definitely the perfect word to mark this week. I spent time battling with the Lord again about baby Joshua's situation.... telling Him that it isn't fair that we're having to loose our son when we want him so badly. It's definitely ironic because all I could think about after hours of tears in my sweet husband's arms, is the pain the Lord must have felt watching His Son die on the cross for everyone's sin...... Everyone that has come before us, that is on this Earth now, and those that will come after we're gone. As hard as this is for our family, it comforts my heart knowing that the Lord truly knows every heartache that I feel, every pain that hits my bones, every tear that forms, and every joyful moment I encounter.

We have our next doctor's appointment this coming Friday morning. I am so thankful we do not have to wait two weeks to hear our son's heartbeat! It's very special listening to him at home everyday.... definitely a sound I'll never forget.



"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
-Psalm 34:18


"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I ride on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
-Psalm 139: 1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment