...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

28 Weeks with baby Joshua

We finally hit our big milestone this past Tuesday! We officially moved into the 3rd Trimester with baby Joshua. I just get chills down my spine thinking about how we felt at 21 weeks when we were told about baby Joshua's situation, and how we feel now at 28 weeks! We are just completely thankful & very joyful in knowing that we've made it so far with our sweet son. We've been able to feel a lot of kicks & movement, listen to his heartbeat anytime we wanted to feel close to him, and daydream of what it'll be like finally meeting & holding our baby boy.

We had another check-up yesterday!
I always enjoy going to our OB because the midwife we are using is a christian believer, and really encourages Kelly & I in this journey with baby Joshua. Everything checked out great! We measured 26 weeks, which means more growth! We're still only 2 weeks behind on measurements. His heartbeat also sounded extremely strong. We're all still shocked with how well baby Joshua is doing and growing! The Lord definitely deserves all the praise with each check-up in this pregnancy.

Kelly & I spent some time this week getting baby Joshua's heartbeat recorded on video. I am so thankful we finally spent time doing that. It's a sweet sound I never want to forget, and will never have to forget. I'll get the recording on the blog for our next update!

Here are two links to UTube. These are three different songs that have spoken tremendously to both Kelly & I during this journey. I hope these songs bless you as much as they have blessed both of us!

The first song - I Will Carry You by Selah
(Angie Smith wrote this song while she was pregnant with her daughter, Audrey. Beautiful....)

The second song - Held by Natalie Grant

The third song - Faithful God by Gateway Worship


1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful I found your blog today. It is nice to see that there are other couples who choose to give their babies every possible chance at life. My husband and I recently (2 months ago)gave birth to our second son Jacob at 36 1/2 weeks. We found out at 19 weeks that Jacob was incompatible with life. We trusted that God would lead us, give us the strength and have everything go according to his plan. We are so thankful God blessed us with 9 months and two days of life with Jacob before he joined his big brother Ty in Heaven(we lost Ty at 37 weeks due to a cord accident). Thank you for choosing to give Joshua every possible chance, thank you for cherishing him and sharing him with us. I look forward to reading about your journey with baby Joshua and I pray you find the strength to make it through each day until you get to say hello to him.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete