...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

*26 Weeks*

After each doctor's appointment, I feel very blessed that our pregnancy has come this far. I am so excited that we're almost entering the 3rd trimester! When we received the news that baby Joshua had Triploidy, the thought of making it to the 3rd trimester never entered my mind. Now we're only two weeks away from that milestone with him!

The past month has been a roller coaster as Kelly & I have spent time preparing ourselves for Joshua's birth, burial, and everyday coping strategies with everything we're facing. We were told at the beginning of all of this (around 21 weeks) that we could decide when we wanted to be induced. Kelly & I had decided that 30 weeks was a good, strong time frame.

The past few days, a lot changed. Baby Joshua continued having a strong heartbeat, and started kicking me hard enough to feel him from outside my tummy! Complete blessing for me & Kelly. I also started questioning being induced at 30 weeks. I started feeling very torn between a lot of decisions. My heart was not 100% okay with picking a specific date for baby Joshua to be born, and possibly pass away at the same time. I told Kelly on our way to our doctor appt. this afternoon that I needed the Lord to show me - black or white - which route we needed to go.... either inducing at 30 weeks, or letting nature take its course. Our midwife did just that for us. After checking baby Joshua's heartbeat, his growth, etc. we spent time talking through how we were feeling at this point. She told us point blank that the other doctors & herself discussed our situation and feel that the best route for us would be to continue the pregnancy until things happened naturally. Thank you Lord for giving me the direct answer I needed!!

The appointment went great - baby Joshua had a strong heartbeat around 140 bpm again. We are 26 weeks pregnant and measuring 24 weeks, which means growth! I have no idea what baby Joshua is up to, but I'm so thankful that he is happy, healthy, & growing in the womb.

Kelly & I both believe that there will be a blessing at the end of all this heartache. We're not completely sure what the blessing will be yet, but I cannot wait to find out.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
-Jeremiah 1:5-

Our family of *almost* 4
Kaitlynn has a blue bunny blanket that we're saving for baby Joshua!
I'm wearing a blue pin in honor of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment