...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

36 Weeks and a Hospital Visit

Today was more than ordinary....

This morning, Kelly and I had our "36 week" appointment. Today we are 35wks+6, so just one day shy of starting our 9th and last month of this pregnancy! First of all, here are some updates from today's appointment:


BP: 118/70
Weight: no weight gain

Heartbeat: 156

Fundal Height: 35cm


Extras:

While I was at the doctor, I explained to them the pain I have been in the past two days. They decided to hook me up to some monitors to check for contractions. I had no idea what to expect! Kaitlynn's heartbeat was all over the place ranging from 130 - 160 BPM. Dr. Walters monitored my contractions for about 20 minutes and decided to send me to the hospital. Even though I was not dilated and my cervix was still closed, she was concerned with the frequent contractions that I was having plus the pain I was feeling.

Kelly & I got to the hospital around 1:00pm, checked in, was moved to a Labor & Delivery Holding room where we were hooked up to yet another monitor, but this time I had the luxury of receiving an IV. I HATE needles! The contractions were pretty regular when we got to the hospital - about 8-10 minutes apart, but very strong. After I had the IV going for a while, the fluids helped slow down the contractions to about 12-15 minutes apart. My doctor on call came in and checked me once more - still no dilation and my cervix was closed. We got everything unhooked and removed, was able to get dressed and then sat down for a discussion with the doctor. She told me I could go into labor at any point from here on out. She gave me signs to look for so I would know when to call my doctor and when to come back to the hospital. She told me things could happen in 2 days....or 2 weeks, but that when I do come back in, if nothing else - all the paper work is done :)

As excited & nervous as we were today, we definitely could use a little bit more time preparing and spending time together before our daughter arrives in this world. Today was a great preparation for things to come in the next couple of weeks! We know what to expect and how things will be handled. I'd definitely like to make it through one more week so I'm considered "full term" before Kaitlynn arrives!!


Our bags are packed....Kaitlynn's things are washed....and we're ready to be parents! Now it's time to just sit back and relax while Kaitlynn decides when to make her real, official debut :)

I go back to the doctor next Thursday, August 13th - 9:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment