...Our amazing life...

My photo
We met in June of 2007, dated for 7 months & got engaged - January 1, 2008. We were married on July 26, 2008 and welcomed our daughter, Kaitlynn Leane into the world on August 20, 2009. We said hello & goodbye to our precious son, baby Joshua on December 5, 2011. We are blessed knowing that we'll be with him again one day in Heaven. We also have two sweet beagles, Willa (4) and Sadie (1). God has truly blessed our family in numerous ways! We both have extremely wonderful and loving parents, plus amazing friends! We couldn't be any happier!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's okay not to be okay!

I recently attended our women's conference at church with Shelia Walsh, Laura Story, & Natalie Grant. Before Joshua was born, I knew I needed to be at that conference. It was about Embracing wholeness and receiving God's grace on your life. The weekend of the conference was such a sweet time for me. I felt so many different emotions, and most of them were wrapped around my son, Joshua.

Some days are great.... other days are okay..... and then there are those days that come around that are absolutely horrible. The one thing I will always remember from the conference - It's okay not to be okay because God's grace and love covers it all.

Here we are, middle of February - Valentines Day. I have the most precious gifts surrounding me everyday - a completely devoted & loving husband..... and a sweet and precious daughter. However, I still find myself completely heartbroken because I'm not holding my son, calming his cries, feeding his empty tummy, and enjoying all the 2-month old expressions. Even though my heart breaks tremendously, more than words can express - I am 100 times thankful that Joshua is not having to experience any of the pain that would have come with Triploidy. He is healed & is spending our Valentines Day with our Heavenly Father that loves us more than we could ever begin to imagine.

Even in the depths of my heartache over my son Joshua, I am so thankful the Lord has entrusted me with our precious daughter, Kaitlynn. She is truly a joy in my life. Her smiles, laughs & hugs makes the tough days a lot easier. The Lord never gives us more than we can handle. I truly believe he blessed Kelly & I will Kaitlynn before walking us through the loss of our son, Joshua. Thank you Lord for all your many blessings, and heartaches. For through both of them, you bring us closer to you!

Happy Valentines Day!! May your hearts be filled with love for family & friends....
but most of all for the Lord.



Building 429 - Where I Belong

Currently Reading -
When the Bottom Drops Out by Robert Bugh

*Psalm 116*

No comments:

Post a Comment